Instilling a Passion for Responsible Pet Ownership
Every kid wants a puppy!
But the commitment to puppy care and training are often forgotten once the novelty has worn off. What happens then?
Friends of dogs everywhere!
Read More Reviews
Makes a great gift for any child!
Add to Cart Today!
Second Chance - A Tale of Two Puppies
What happens when two boys from different families adopt littermates from the animal shelter? Follow the boys and their puppies through that first year together. Can Andrew and Matt handle all the responsibilities that come with owning a pet?
The Latham Foundation for the Promotion of Humane Education: “Second Chance is a great educational tool that helps children and adults understand how crucial it is to have a lifetime commitment to their dog or puppy...It lets them know that their puppy's future is dependent on them and tells it all in...a way that encourages children to read this book again and again.”
Patricia McConnell, Ph.D. Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist and author, The Other End of the Leash: “The world would be a better place if every family read this charming and informative book before they brought home a puppy. I whole-heartedly recommend it.”
The Midwest Book Review: “Enthusiastically recommended...Second Chance is an excellent introduction for children in understanding what is involved with becoming good pet owners.”
Sarah Hodgson, Dog Trainer, NY Times Columnist, author, Puppies for Dummies and Puppy Perfect: “Sarah Hodgson gives Second Chance a twenty one tail wagging hurray! A gem of a book for kids to read and families to share.”
Badgerland German Shepherd Rescue, Martha Pollard, President: “…an educational tool for both children and adults…so many great tips in this book on how to properly care for dogs and the rewards you get for making the commitment.”
- Fun, entertaining, and informative account shows two vastly different perspectives on pet ownership.
- Weaves essential information about the day-to-day realities of pet care into a story to which kids everywhere can easily relate.
- Kids learn what to do and what NOT to do when raising a puppy or dog.
- Helps avoid common mistakes that can have disastrous consequences.
- Helps kids better understand their puppy or dog, guiding them to a rewarding and lasting relationship.
- Kids learn that their actions directly affect the future health and well-being of the pet they love.
- Promotes pet adoption, consistent veterinary care, obedience training, spay/neutering, and treating one's dog as a member of the family.
- Promotes responsible pet ownership for the whole family.
Second Chance - A Tale of Two Puppies is truly a heart-warming story that will instill a lifelong passion for responsible pet ownership.
What every child needs to know about responsible pet ownership. This is the book every dog wants them to read!
By Judy Masrud
Illustrated by Cathy Pool
- Loaded with pet tips
- 30 charming illustrations.
- Suggested Reading List
- Supplies List
- Index of pet tips
- Note to Parents